Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Have We Forgotten How to DREAM BIG?

Remember when you were a kid?  Remember the rarely noticed runny nose, the small amount of attention given to the multiple scabs on elbows and knees, or possibly the lack of lethargy as the sun fell behind the neighborhood we grew up in after a long day of basketball, stickball, or superheros?  I often wonder what happened to that kid.  At that time, life and the world were right in front of him and nothing else.  I was a big dreamer.  I actually thought that I could be the superhero "Flash" when I got bigger.

Too often today, I find my dreams being limited by my fear of failure, my fear of embarrasment, my fear of rejection, my fear of not enough, my fear of man, and the list goes on.  What if those fears were removed.  What if my dreams were released from those everyday fears like they were when I was a kid.  What impact would my dreams have on this world? 

What if?  

I randomly sampled 20 people the other day and realized that about 18 of them could not answer the question..."what are your dreams?"  Where did we lose our ability to dream and go after those dreams with full force?

I want to dream like that again...I want to see things happen around me, through me, to me, that will shock me and ultimately shock the world.  Who knows, maybe sometime in the future, I will actually make my dreams known to someone beyond my own skin.  ewwwww, Scary!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your right, I am your daughter

Helen Ann said...

I am finishing my screenplay this week and have my professional writer friend all lined up to read it and give feedback...Thank you for the Dream Big challenge!