Friday, January 23, 2009

Africa - Day 1&2 "Getting There"




Ok...so Ryan, Carrie, Ric and I left my house on Thursday at @ Noon and we just arrived in Nairobi tonight (Friday Night) at 10:00 pm.  Wow, that was  a lot of flying.  I feel like I haven't been to sleep for 27 hours...  Probably because I haven't.  It was a decent trip though all things considered.  British Airways is a great way to fly.   The only time we had a problem was when we crossed through the Jet Stream on our flight from Heathrow (London) to Nairobi.  My coffee spilled all over my pants and some of us were a little rattled by the turbulence.  However, on our way, I ended up sitting next to a Pastor from Kenya who filled me in on the state of the church in Kenya.  Got his number and we are going to connect again while we are here.  His name is John and he was a great seatmate on the plane.
We were all pretty tired when we got here, but now that we're here, we are excited about what we get to do tomorrow.  Already, i feel a connection to the Great Commission Fellowship Team here in Nairobi.  We will get to hang out with them more tomorrow.  But it's late, and I am on my way to bed so we can start the day off fresh tomorrow.  I will be adding pics and blogs daily if I can with stories so enjoy and tell me what you by commenting us.

6 comments:

Doug said...

Tim,

I'm soooooo jealous of the opportunity that you have to not only see another part of the world but, to have a positive effect on another community. My family and I will be praying for and thinking about you and the rest of the group while you are away. Be safe.

Maria said...

Love to hear about your trip! Glad you made it safely, but I knew that since we are all praying for you and everyone else. Miss you terribly but glad you have the opportunity to expand your vision and the vision of our church. Love you and can't wait to see all the pics and stories. Enjoy your trip and open your eyes to the opportunities God has for you! See you soon! Maria & Tony

Anonymous said...

Tim,

With the coffee spill and all I hope you have enough underware... He He......

Kdog

cinciann said...

Hey Tim! Miss you already, man! Can't wait to read all about the trip. Lots of prayers covering you guys and the GCF team.

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Praise God you guys made it there safely. Now get to work on blogging, I need my daily fix of Tim! Although there is something said by someone wise, the boss away the mice will play. Just kidding.
Miss all of you,
Denise

Reverb said...

Awesome...I have been praying for you all and I can't wait to share this with the body tonight and tomorrow.

Keep us updated!