Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nairobi - Day 5 (Light in a very Dark Place)










































Each day I write to you, I feel like I have run out of words to explain to you what we have seen since we have been here.  Today I feel more like that than ever.  However, we made the suggestion to the leadership team at GCF to “Trust Us” and let us buy some water and juice (200) and give them away freely to the people of Kayole. 

Without any hesitation, they agreed.  We went to the store, spent 2000 Kenya Shillings and loaded up the van.  We drove to a busy “intersection” that was more like a crowded dump with people everywhere.  We got out of the van opened up the back and showed people the love of Christ in a practical way.  This concept was brand new to the people of Kayole and to our partners at GCF. 

So….I don’t want to fail with words so I thought I would just show you the pics.  Again (and I know I say this everyday), I have never experienced anything like this before in my life.  Tears turned to laughter, anger to joy, hopelessness to hope, rejection to acceptance,  and…how do you say it….LOVE WINS.

Besides Carrie almost getting mobbed in the back of the van, and a kid on inhalants taking our whole team for a journey through rapid fire talk and “say it, don’t spray it” mantras, we had a blast and so did the team from GCF.

We are on our way to Homa Bay in Eastern Kenya tomorrow and would love your prayers as we travel.  I will be blogless for a couple of days, but please don’t stop looking.  You never know when the next story will find its way across the pond.

I love all of you.  Thanks again for all you do and who you are.

7 comments:

Helen Ann said...

I love it! A good old-fashioned Vineyard outreach in the middle of Kenya, Africa! That rocks!

cinciann said...

I am falling in love with these little kids in the pictures...they are so beautiful.

I wish we could download what's going on in your hearts...I know it must be so far beyond words.

Prayers for continued safety as you head to Homa Bay...and prayers for continual revelation and that God keeps on rockin' your world!

Virgie said...

I am moved to tears - looking at the photos and reading the stories. I am speechless... the simplicity of the water outreach... obviously very moving and powerful. OK, going to go back to boo-hooing now. Love you all!!! Praying like crazy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hug those kids for me. They are so cute. Can you bring them home. Stay safe and well. I'm praying for all of you. Ric, take a picture of a waterfall for me if you see a neat one. Denise

Reverb said...

Praying for you all. Such beautiful people.

Anonymous said...

These pictures and stories are great. I can't wait to sit down and talk with the new Tim.

Anonymous said...

Amazing stories and pictures!! Love wins!